Good Hygiene Practices In Warehouse Environments - COVID-19
At Workplace Safety Solutions, we are committed to offering simple and practical solutions for warehouse mezzanine floors Sydney located as well as across the rest of Australia. We are also passionate about the well-being of our employees and customers and believe that this is paramount to the success and functionality of any business. This remains our top priority throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, and we recognise that we need to be more vigilant than ever to ensure this remains the case during this period and beyond.
On the advice laid out by the government, we have implemented a number of measures on top of our existing hygiene practices to ensure our business remains operational. This is done to minimise the risk to our employees and customers while still continuing to be able to address and resolve safety issues in the workplace.
All workers, regardless of their occupation or how they carry out their work, have the right to a healthy and safe working environment, and at Workplace Safety Solutions, this is no exception.
Here are some fundamental and basic guidelines that we are following:
- We are directing staff to remain at home if they are experiencing any symptoms of flu or COVID-19 virus as per government directive
- We are restricting staff from entering the workplace when they have returned from overseas in the last 14 days as per government directive
- Staff are to advise management of future travel plans
- We have been implementing remote work from home plans for staff in circumstance where this is practical and possible
- There is a no local or internal travel policy for all staff
- We are continuing to limit face to face contact with staff, customers and suppliers by using technology based solutions
- Additional cleaning and disinfecting programs are in place both in-house and onsite
We are continuing to observe the government regulations and are making sure to amend these regularly so that the information provided is up-to-date and relevant
We are also continuing to pay careful attention to good hygiene practices for COVID-19 to maintain a safe environment for our colleagues and clients. More details on this can be found in the National guide for safe workplaces - COVID-19 on the Safe Work Australia website. Examples of measures to enhance good hygiene outcomes include:
- Developing infection control policies in consultation with our workers and making sure that these are well communicated. These policies outline measures in place to prevent the spread of infectious diseases such as COVID-19 in the workplace.
- We are highlighting the importance of washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and drying them correctly, or using an alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- It is important to place posters near handwashing facilities showing how to correctly wash and dry hands and clean hands with sanitiser.
- We continue to inform workers and other people entering the workplace of workplace hygiene standards that are expected, including when using common areas such as kitchens and toilets.
- Where relevant, displaying signs at the entrance to premises (or nearby) informing people entering the workplace of the expectations and not to enter if they have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Removing inessential items from the workplace to reduce unnecessary handling, such as public access to flyers, books and magazines
- Ensuring items that get used a lot and shared by others, as well as other types of equipment are cleaned and disinfected before reusing.
We hope that by implementing all of the above, we are able to keep our colleagues and customers safe throughout the pandemic.